Jul 23, 2015

The Necessary Commitment To Be A Top Trader



Do you want to receive a daily trading podcast in your email? Subscribe to the HMS Trading Newsletter.


Trading Lesson: 

"The really best traders don`t think twice about how many hours they are working or wether they come in on a weekend. There`s no substitute for that level of commitment."

This weekend I had to backtest a few trading strategies because I was unsure about which was the best trading strategy between two different choices. And if a trader wants to perform at a very high level he can´t have doubts in his mind, he needs to have all the confidence in his trading strategies. Remember, fear, insecurity is the source of the vast majority of trading mistakes. So, from time to time you need to make that extra effort just to stay ahead of your competitors and to stay on top of your own game.

Commitment: the state or quality of being dedicated to a cause, activity;


5 comments:

  1. Do you recommend any books/ reading material in your Newsletter?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I often share recommended trading books on technicals and psychology. I also share a daily podcast plus videos with interviews from top traders.

      Delete
  2. What is your view on Chesapeake Energy (CHK)? It`s been obliterated recently. Do you follow that stock?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don`t really trade stocks, Michael.

      I am a systematic futures trader. From time to time I may refer a specific stock on the Newsletter, but it is not the norm.

      Delete
  3. Superb material you are sharing. Count me in. I will subscribe tonight.

    ReplyDelete